Real Estate Consumer Groups
- Center for Responsible Lending – is a non-profit, nonpartisan research and policy organization. CRL is affiliated with Self-Help, one of the nation’s largest community development financial institutions.
- Foreclosure-Response.org – a website offering resources intended to help states and localities respond to the foreclosure crisis.
- Homeownership Preservation Foundation (HPF) – established 2003, is a national non-profit organization dedicated to reducing foreclosures and preserving home ownership. HPF’s cornerstone service is the Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline, 888-995-HOPE
- Hope Now Alliance – Alliance of non-profit counsellors, servicers, investors, and other mortgage market participants dedicated to preventing foreclosures through outreach to delinquent borrowers.
- Loan Modification Scam Alert campaign (by NeighborhoodWorks) – will empower homeowners to protect themselves against loan modification scams, find trusted help and report illegal activity to authorities.
- National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) – is an association of more than 600 community-based organizations that promote access to basic banking services, including credit and savings, to create and sustain affordable housing, job development and vibrant communities for America’s working families.
- National Fair Housing Alliance – (NFHA) is the only national organization dedicated solely to ending discrimination in housing.
- National Fair Housing Advocate Online – is a resource designed to serve both the fair housing advocacy community and the general public with timely news and information regarding the issues of housing discrimination.
- National Housing Conference (NHC) – is dedicated to ensuring that every American, regardless of income, has the opportunity to live in decent housing in a suitable neighborhood.
- National Housing Trust – preserves and revitalizes affordable apartments to better the quality of life for the families and elderly who live there. We believe preserving and safeguarding existing affordable homes is the essential first step in solving our nation’s housing dilemma.
- NeighborWorks America – is a national non-profit organization created by Congress to provide financial support, technical assistance, and training for community-based revitalization efforts. Together, with national and local partners, NeighborWorks creates new opportunities for residents while improving communities.
What state do you live in?
Click on your state below
Highly relevant anti-consumer practices that could impact you if you are buying or selling a house.
SHOP AT SMILE.AMAZON.COM AND HELP CAARE
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Consumer Advocates in American Realty